Monday, May 25, 2015

Baaaaaaaaaaa Sowenyaaaaaaa Mamabeatsebabah

There is a very, extremely, 100% chance that I will listen to the Circle of Life on repeat during the entire duration of the 20+ hour journey (safari) to Tanzania. Sad thing is, I probably won't even be sick of it.

(Side note: the opening to the Circle of Life is not in Swahili. It's actually in Zulu)


I leave from Port Columbus on July 12th at 12:55 pm and after a couple of pit stops in New York and Amsterdam, I will arrive in Kilimanjaro, Tanzania on July 13th at 7:40 pm. Though I fully expect to land in Tanzania sleep-deprived with a sore butt and my mind buzzing with Lion King lyrics, it will be nothing compared to the knowledge that my journey is, truly, just about to begin! 

(Side note #2: the broadway version of Circle of Life is bae [just ask my old roommates Natalie and Amber!]-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W_Zblr09Y0)

(Side note #3: you should also watch this video of the Australian cast singing Circle of Life on a plane-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wgSLxl1oAwA)

Kwaheri and only 46 days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment