Saturday, May 23, 2015

Where is Tanzanzibarobia??


I honestly didn't think that the first question people would ask me after I told them that I am going to Tanzania would be "So, where is that?" After all, it is home to Mt. Kilimanjaro (the largest mountain in Africa) and the Serengeti (from the Maasai word "Serengit" meaning Endless Plains) National Park. Tanzania also borders Lake Victoria (the world's second largest freshwater lake after Lake Superior).

And though I have not yet traveled there, I am sad that not that many people know about this amazing country because I am already bewitched by its beauty, diversity, and splendor over 7,000 miles away! 

So here are some quick facts about Tanzania (with pictures [not mine]!):

Location: Eastern Africa (next to Kenya and the Indian Ocean) 


Largest City: Dar es Salaam 


Where I'll be staying: Rhotia (an administrative ward of the Karatu district in the Arusha Region). 

Moyo Hill Camp

Official Languages: Swahili and English.

It means "no worries" 

Average weather: Pretty moderate, actually.

Here: July=summer
There: July=winter


Diversity: Wow. Just wow. Tanzania is home to over 4 million wild animals (representing over 430 species)!


Most well known ethnic group: The Maasai, a group of pastoralists who live in northern Tanzania. 


Kwaheri and only 49 more days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment