Thursday, June 18, 2015

Round on the Outside, High in the Middle

The School for Field Studies is a third party study abroad program, so I did not expect there to many (if any other) students from OSU accompanying me to Tanzania. I recently obtained my class list, though, and it turns out that there is one other OSU student besides me going. I didn't realize how relieved I was that a fellow Buckeye was going to be with me until I saw that list.

It will be nice to have someone to connect with. Though I have never met this girl, I am grateful for her because it will kind of be like there is a little piece of home with me for a month. I've been texting her and she seems like a pretty cool person: she double majors in zoology and anthropology and plays the ukulele!

I think the best part about her being on this trip is that I will have someone to take O-H-I-O pictures with/won't think it's weird that I want to take said pictures! For those of you not familiar with Ohio State traditions, one of them is to gather four people (or an inanimate object) and spell out OHIO with your arms.

For example (pictures not mine):





We have already decided that a giraffe would be an excellent candidate for the "I"!

The director of my program has created a Facebook page full of pictures taken with the students (wanafunzi) who are currently there for the first summer session. They are nothing short of amazing! I think the pictures I take will be the best souvenir I come back to America with. I definitely sense a scrapbooking project upon my return!

Until then, kwaheri and 23 more days!

No comments:

Post a Comment